Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds have been all the rage in the health world these days! I am obsessed! In the days to come you I’ll share some of my favorite chia seed recipes. I love that they can taste like oatmeal but with a fraction of the carbs and they can take on many different textures! They are high in fiber, antioxidants, omega 3’s and contain many vitamins and minerals! All those things make my brain happy!
But BEWARE, only the high quality, pure chia will be a benefit to your body. Here’s a quick and easy guide to choosing the best chia seeds out there!
- Only buy black or white chia seeds. Avoid the BROWN ones because they are immature and contain very low nutrients.
- Only buy 100% pure chia seeds. If they aren’t 100% pure, they could contain unnecessary, potentially harmful additives.
- Try to avoid seeds made or manufactured in China. The FDA has not approved their processing methods yet.
- Be skeptical of really cheap seeds. There’s probably a reason why their cheap and quality is most likely compromised.
- Chia seeds are native to Mexico and Ecuador. They’ve been cultivating them hundreds of years. So if you’re buying a seed made there, you’re definitely safe.
I hope you found this helpful, I’m going to make Chocolate Chia Pudding!