Oh em gee! Today I massaged kale for the first time and the outcome made my tastebuds SUPER happy!
I’ve been obsessed with this Longo’s kale salad for about a year now and I never knew how they got it so tender but now thanks to hotforfoodblog.com I think I figured out their secret — tender love and massaging! Now I know a lot of people know about massaging kale so I thought I’d share my favorite Longo’s salad recipe. It’s super simple – just 5 steps.
1) Take a head of Kale and get rid of the bulky stems — basically you just need to use the leafy part.
2) Chop the leaves and throw them in a bowl
3) Put a little bit of olive oil, lemon and sea salt on top.
4) Then start massaging the kale!! I massaged it for about 4 minutes! It was a very sensual experience …Eventually it became a silky texture …which sounds even MORE sensual!! Ha! When I tasted the kale it didn’t taste nearly as bitter!
5) Then to top off the salad I added walnuts, a bit more lemon, tiny bit of balsamic vinegar, cracked pepper and light feta cheese and even though Longo’s doesn’t add chopped white onions or avocado on their particular salad I thought I’d live a little 😉
And then boom you’re done!!
Now, to tie this back to my happiness blog — massaged kale makes me happy because…It’s way less bitter, has a better texture, it is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet (packed with fibre, protein, vitamin C and A), it fills me up faster then any other leafy green AND it is actually fun to massage!
If you’ve never had massaged Kale before I highly recommend trying it – my life will forever be happier because of it!